Right or Left Airpods Not working: The most popular wireless headphones, AirPods leave the least amount of room for complaints. But, they’ve had some problems, like a fast battery drain, an unreliable connection, and the dreaded Left or Right AirPods not working issue. If you’ve discovered that one or more of your AirPods aren’t working be assured that you’re not the only one to experience this issue. In considering various factors, I have provided the top 8 methods and tricks to solve the AirPod problem.
Airpods Not Working Right or Left
Hear some ways to fix Left or Right Airpods not working issue:
1. Check to see if your AirPod is clean (Right or Left Airpods Not Working)
Are you experiencing sound that is muffled or crackling through your AirPods? If so, you should take a look at cleaning your earphones since gunk or lint could cause issues. Make sure you clean the speaker and microphone carefully using dry cotton swabs.
If you’re AirPod was exposed to something that could cause harm, such as shampoos, soaps, lotions, and perfumes. Wipe the earphones clean with a soft cloth that has been dampened with water. Dry the earphone using a lint-free and soft cloth.
2. Check the battery status of your AirPods (Right or Left Airpods Not Working)
Another thing you must do when you notice that your either AirPod isn’t working is to test the battery. If you’re making use of one AirPod more frequently than the other to cancel noise or calls, it’s going to drain more quickly. It’s also important to mention that the problem of one AirPod battery draining more quickly is not uncommon for older AirPods. Therefore, ensure that the earphone is running with enough juice in its tank to function correctly.
If AirPods are charged low, a notification displaying the percentage of battery is displayed on the display on your iPhone and iPad. The alerts appear when the remaining battery charge is between 20 and 10 percent or 5 percent. In addition, you’ll hear a sound in either AirPod or both when the battery’s charge is low.
Additionally, it is possible to monitor the AirPod’s battery level in Control Center. For more information on how to use it take the following steps:
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to get to Control Center. After that, click on the AirPlay icon at the top-right corner of your music card.
- You should be able to view the AirPods battery percentage. If the battery in any of the AirPods has been depleted then you’ll observe the battery percentage of only the second AirPod.
- Set your AirPods inside the charging case for a while. After that, you can try using them to determine whether the issue is resolved and both of your AirPods are working properly.
3. Make Sure You Have the Correct Sound Balance – To Fix One AirPod Not Working
It’s possible that you switched all audio into one earphone when you were playing around with your audio accessibility setting. You then forgot to adjust the volume balance back to its default setting. Also, make sure that the volume of your audio is evenly distributed between the right and left channels.
To do this you need to click on Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual and then adjust the volume balance by moving the slider to either left or right. The ideal position is in the middle.
4. Remove AirPods and reconnect them to Your iOS Device (Right or Left Airpods Not Working)
If the solutions above didn’t work to fix the AirPod that isn’t working You can simply forget the AirPods and then connect with your gadget. Follow the steps below to accomplish this:
- Start your Settings App within your iPhone and then switch to Bluetooth. After that, tap on the “i” button in front of the Bluetooth device. AirPods.
- After that, scroll down, and click on the “Forget This Device” button. A pop-up window will appear to confirm the operation. Select “Forget” in the pop-up menu.
- Then, reconnect your AirPods to your iPhone. Simply place both AirPods back into the case that charges them and remove the lid. Then, put the case the iPhone. If a setup animation is displayed you can tap “Connect”.
5. Reset Your AirPods (Right or Left Airpods Not Working)
If the left or right AirPods aren’t working Try resetting the AirPods. This trick has been successful for many users before I hope that it will help to solve your issue as well.
To do this, go to “Settings > Bluetooth” on your iPhone. After that, tap on the “i” button on the right side of the connected AirPods. Then, tap Forget This Device and press “Forget” to verify the operation.
When the lid is open, hold the Setup button found on the reverse of the charger case. Hold it down for approximately 15 seconds or until the status light turns in amber (orange). After that, you can connect the AirPods with the iOS device. While the lid is opened then place your AirPods next to the iPhone and follow the directions to complete pairing.
6. Restart Your iPhone (Right or Left Airpods Not Working)
At times, all you need to troubleshoot an issue that is a common iOS issue such as this is to simply reboot. Don’t ignore this method due to how reliable it has performed in past.
For iPhone or iPad using Face ID Use the sides/top of the volume button. Then, move down the slider for power off to stop the device. Following that, press the side/top button until you start your device.
on iPhone as well as iPad using Touch IDs. Hold and press the top or side button, then move on the slider for power to shut it off. After that, you click and hold on the side or top switch to activate your device.
7. Reset Network Settings (Right or Left Airpods Not Working)
When the iOS device is having network-related issues, it could encounter connectivity issues on your AirPods. It is possible to fix the right or left AirPods issues by changing networks settings during this circumstance. Be aware that this erases all previously saved passwords for Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi networks, along with Bluetooth connections. If you’re okay with that, go and open your Settings app and select General, then Reset and then Reset network settings.
8. Update Software (Right or Left Airpods Not Working)
AirPods can be automatically upgraded once they’re connected to Bluetooth with your iPhone. Therefore, you don’t need to do anything extra to update your wireless headphones. Because AirPods and Apple’s iPhone and AirPods are in sync, you need to ensure they are running on the most recent version of iOS. Since outdated software is known to cause a variety of issues and could be the cause for this problem. Therefore, you should upgrade your software to resolve the AirPod that isn’t working.
To do this you need to go to Settings General> Software Update. After that install and download the most recent version of iOS on your device.