How To Root Redmi Note 10 Pro/Pro Max: If you own a Redmi Note 10 Pro/Pro Max which was launched recently. It is a mid-range smartphone that comes with a value-for-money specification. And you are looking for ways how to Root Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max for enjoying the extra benefits of the root. Then you have just come to the right place. In this article, we will guide you on how to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max with a pretty easy method.
A Quick Specifications of Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max
This phone comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G (8 nm) chipset coupled with an octa-core chipset and Adreno 618 GPU. And a 6.67-inch 120HZ, HDR10 AMOLED display with 450 nits 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio, protected with Gorilla Glass 5. It is available in 128GB + 6GB RAM and 64GB + 6 GB RAM variants.
A quad-rear camera module is present at the rear side featuring 108/64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP cameras. There’s a 16MP selfie camera on the front for quality selfies. A side-mounted fingerprint sensor. Moreover, the device comes with a monster 5020 mAh Li-Po non-removable big battery with 33W fast charging.
What is Rooting and its Benefits?
Rooting is a process through which Android smartphone users gain root (Super User) access to the phone. After rooting the device, the user has the access to remove bloatware and all unnecessary stuff from the device. Also, you can change the user interface to the next level by installing custom ROMs, Modules, and much more.
There are many advantages as well as some disadvantages too of rooting the device.
Advantages of Rooting:
- Full control over the smartphone.
- Ability to install custom ROMs and custom firmware.
- Improve the performance of the smartphone by removing unnecessary bloatware.
- Allows installing custom Kernels.
- Allows unsupported applications and games to be installed.
- Improves the usability of the device.
Disadvantages of Rooting:
- It voids the warranty of your device.
- Loss system software updates.
- Can brick your phone in case you apply the wrong steps.
Warning (Redmi Note 10 Pro Root)
We are not responsible for any bricked devices. You know what you are doing. So do this at your own risk. Hence be careful to follow the steps properly.
Pre-Requisite For How To Root Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max
- Make sure you have Unlocked the Bootloader of the device, to do that go here
- You need a PC/laptop.
- Fully charge your Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max or at least 75% of the battery available. If not, then there is a high risk of being stuck in between the process.
- You need a PC/laptop.
- A USB Type-C cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Backup your Apps, Contacts & Messages, etc.
- Download Firmware
- ADB Fastboot For Windows (redmi note 10 pro fastboot driver)
- USB Drivers – Download
- Latest Magisk Manager Apk
How to Root Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max
To root Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max download the all files from the above link. And follow these 3 steps one by one which are mentioned below.
Step 1: Enable OEM Unlock & USB Debugging On Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max.
Step 2: Patch the Boot Image Using Magisk Manager App.
Step 3: Flash Patched Boot Image Using Fastboot.
1. Enable USB debugging & OEM unlock
To do so, Navigate to Settings > About Phone on your Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max and tap on Miui 12 Version seven times. Once you see a message saying “You are now a developer” go to Settings > Additional Settings and you will see an option called Developer Options. Open developer options and enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock.
Step 2: Create a Patch Boot Image Using Magisk Manager
- You must have already downloaded the sweetin (Device Codename) firmware file.
- Extract the firmware files with 7zip or WinRAR on your PC.
- Now copy the “Boot Image” from the firmware folder extract the boot image file from it.
- And then transfer the boot image file to your internal storage of the device.
- After that, download and install Magisk Manager Apk.
- Open the Magisk Manager app then Tap Install > Install > Select and Patch a File and select the “BOOT IMAGE” which file you have earlier transferred to your Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max.
- Magisk Manager will start the process of patching the file and the file will be saved as magisk_patched_boot.img file.
- Once the boot image is patched, then copy the magisk_patched_boot.image file to your PC.
Step 3: Flash The Patched Boot Image Using Fastboot
- ADB and Fastboot, The file is in the Zip format you can extract the file anywhere on your computer. i.e I have extracted into the “D:/platform-tools” folder, Now go to that folder and press the shift button and right-click on your mouse, then click on the “Open PowerShell window here” then a command prompt will open.
- First of all, download the latest version of ADB & Fastboot to your PC.
- Then Boot your Redmi Note 10 Pro/Pro Max into bootloader mode. (Turn off the device and press the Volume Down button and Power button altogether).
- And then connect your phone with the PC.
- Now copy that magisk_patched_boot.img file to the platform-tools folder
- Now check if the device is successfully connected in fastboot or not type this command in PowerShell and hit enter.
For Mac / Linux Users.
- If it’s connected then you will see some codes followed by a list of connected devices. If not then check your USB driver.
- Once it is detected then type this command.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_boot.img
For Mac / Linux Users.
./fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_boot.img
- Now disconnect your phone from the PC and reboot it.
- After rebooting open Magisk Manager App you will see it is installed in your device without flashing from recovery.
- That’s It. Our guide on how to root Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max ends here.
How to Unroot your Android Device?
If you want to Unroot your phone, you can Unroot your phone by installing the stock boot image (from firmware archive non-patched) and uninstalling the magisk manager app.
You’ve successfully gained root access, now you can install any custom ROM, Mods, and extend the functionality of your device. To verify the status of the root Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max install the Root Checker App from the Google Play store and check the root status, However, if you get any problems while following the guide, do let us know in the comments section below.